Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It just can't be simple!

Yesterday, Greg, Jackson, Taylor and I all took Lincoln to the dr.'s (Carter was in school), to get his stitches out. We were looking forward to them being out so that we didn't have to be concerned with infection, as the wound would now be closed.

I had been thinking all along that his appt. was at 9:30am, so that's what we planned on and even arrived early (something that doesn't happen often). Just as I was pulling into their parking lot, I pulled out my planner to just double check...his appt. was at 9:00am! UGH!!! SO...here I was happy with myself that we managed to arrive about 5-10 min. early only to realize that we were actually about 20 min. late. :(  

They said they'd fit us in, but of course, it took longer as now they had a waiting room full of children. Something I try to avoid since a good portion of those kids/adults may well be sick and we don't want to get sick. They have a well child area, but Jackson has a runny nose so it's not that simple.

I brought Greg with me because I knew I couldn't handle holding Lincoln down while keeping Jackson and Taylor occupied, so Greg got the fun job of holding him down. That was the part Lincoln disliked the most. The nurse held his head and the dr. used a scalpel (yep!) to cut the stitches. He was about half way done and the wound started bleeding. It wasn't much, but enough to tell us that it had not closed completely yet. So, he left the rest of the stitches on and put steri-strips on to keep the skin together and to keep it from opening more. He put some glue on his chin and attached the strips to that and assured me they would be "stuck on good". 

Well, this morning, as I was having my devotions, Lincoln crawled up in my lap and I noticed the steri-strips were gone. Oh my. The wound looks pretty good and I don't think it will be a problem. We go back to the dr. tomorrow afternoon to have the remaining stitches removed. Hopefully...it will be that simple!


2 comments:

Rose Casell said...

The way your blog is going, I may never have a new form of family planning. . . just think about what more kids may REALLY mean! Haha!
Love you!

Unknown said...

And, this was supposed to be a week WITHOUT dr.'s appt.s!!!!

"Who Am I?" Awesome Video

Before playing this video, please scroll down to the bottom of the page and pause or silence my music player. Enjoy! This is awesome!!!

Music


Powered By Blogger