Saturday, August 16, 2008

Family Photo Shoot & Kindergarten & Health updates

We finally took the time to get everyone ready for a family photo shoot. A college age girl from our church is really into photography and does a nice job. We asked her to take pictures for us. We met her at Lake Parker Park and just started taking pictures! Many of you, who read this blog, have already seen them on my facebook. But, for those of you who have not yet seen them, here is the link.
http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1148291&l=be8bf&id=601081072

I'm really happy with the pictures. It's not easy getting 4 kids to smile and look at the camera all at the same time, but we have a lot of nice pictures and I cherish them! I'd like to do this more often now.

Carter starts Kindergarten on Monday! He's SO excited. He will love it. He loves being around other kids and he loves to learn. I can't wait to see him learn to write well and begin to read. This will be fun!

Jackson doesn't start pre-k for another year, so I'll still have 3 kids at home all day, lest you think I'll be bored with Carter at school! Haha! =) I'm sure you weren't thinking that anyway!

Taylor seems to be doing better. She's still on antibiotics for a few more days and the breathing treatments will continue, but we don't have to do as many a day. That's nice!!! The extra CPT (chest percussion therapy) will continue until I feel that most of the extra mucous is out of the way.

Jackson also seems to be fine. In case you don't know, Jackson had a 2nd seizure on Tuesday. His first one was on June 2nd. So...now the neurologist wants to do daily meds to prevent them. I'm not real comfortable with that yet. So, if you are praying for us, please pray that we don't need to go that route. I will probably wait until he has a 3rd one to make that decision. It could be months from now...or never! In the mean time, we have some medication to give during a seizure if it lasts longer than 3 min. So far, they seem to last about 3-4 min., but I honestly don't think to look at the clock right away, so, if it does happen again, I'm going to TRY to remember to look right away. I could tell it was coming on, so I could have looked, but didn't think to. And, that's the first question the dr.'s ask..."How long did it last?" Oops!

By the way...I never did post the results of Jackson's MRI. It shows a small scar on the left side of his brain. It probably happened from a head injury, though we're not sure when that might have happened. But, he's a 3 year old BOY...so...it could have happened ANY time! That could be the cause of his seizures. We'll do a 24 hour EEG in the near future to once again check for epilepsy. He wouldn't be the first child with CF and Epilepsy (though there is no connection between the two), so we'll see! I personally feel that we have enough health issues to deal with between the four kids, but, I don't think I get to vote. I can, however, petition and you can too (prayer)!

I was just thinking through all of the health problems my kids have and thought it'd be fun (?) to list it here. I'm NOT doing this for a pity party. So, please don't take it that way. It's just amazing to me, sometimes, to think through it all. I thought you might like to know too!

Carter:
Asthma
Peanut, Dustmite and Cat Hair allergy
Wandering "Lazy" Eye
Eczema
Jackson:
Cystic Fibrosis
Seizures
Mold allergy
Lincoln:
Cystic Fibrosis
Asthma
Taylor:
Cystic Fibrosis
Reflux
currently: pnuemonia
Also, as a note of interest, to some of you, anyway...the colors I put their name in, (above), are the colors I use at home to color-code their things so that they don't share and contaminate each others stuff, such as nebulizers, sippy cups, water bottles, etc. Works great!
Ok, I'm done! Have a great day!

1 comment:

Rose Casell said...

I didnt' know Lincoln had asthma too and that Taylor had relux. Good grief!
Love you!

"Who Am I?" Awesome Video

Before playing this video, please scroll down to the bottom of the page and pause or silence my music player. Enjoy! This is awesome!!!

Music


Powered By Blogger