Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May...is going away...fast!

For whatever reason, April seemed to drag on, yet May seems to be slipping through my fingers. It has been a busy month...but I think all months are busy, really!

School is winding down, which Carter is happy about! He likes that he's learned a lot at school. He loves to read signs and words wherever he can find them, but he doesn't like going to school. I think the hardest part for him, is just the waking up and getting out the door. Then he does fine. Poor guy...I know how he feels. I was that way too. I don't remember it starting in Kindergarten though...but perhaps.

I'm pretty excited about the 3 cake orders I have for graduations. They are all for teens in our youth group and I'm happy to be a part of their celebration. They are all good guys and I'm confident they will each serve the Lord in whatever it is they do in life. At least two of them have plans for full-time ministry! Yeah! Each of them have a good understanding of their faith and what it means to them.

Speaking of graduations...we have 11 graduating seniors this year. That's a big group! Many of them are faithful to our youth ministry and it will be strange when they head off for college and other things. We will miss them.

We are also gearing up for our VBS! We are using Group Publishing's "Crocodile Dock" and expect to have a lot of fun with it! The setting is down by the bayou...a swamp atmosphere. Greg will be our resident hillbilly! The kids will love it, I'm sure. It's scheduled for the 2nd week of June. And, there is still a lot to be done to get ready. But, it always comes together. Prayers are welcome!!!

The kids are doing well...so much fun! Taylor has been having trouble with ear infections. She's currently on anti-biotics and it seems to be working well. However, she has a lot of drainage in her throat causing her to cough a nasty cough! But, the Dr. says she sounds good and her ear infection looks like it has cleared up (but we'll finish the meds!). She is 15 mos. old now and at such a fun stage. She's always happy and loves to imitate everything. Jackson loves to try to get her to say new words. He did this with Lincoln too and Lincoln talks very well for his age, so I guess Jackson is a good teacher! :)

Lincoln is just a joy! He's funny...smart...loving...etc. :) He knows his ABC's...not just to say them, but he recognizes them. He learned them just about the time he was turning 2 yrs. old, but it still blows my mind sometimes when he picks out letters randomly. I know he's not the only 2 yr. old to have accomplished this, but he's MY only 2 yr. old to do it, so far!

Jackson...is still giving us a run for our money. But, I will say, he has calmed down a lot and is doing better. He's full of fire and with good (prayerful) guidance, it will serve him well, I'm sure! But, you can NOT let your guard down with him. He'll win! With that said, he is one of the sweetest kids I know...when he's being sweet. He'll start pre-school this August and I really think that will be good for him. It's just for 3 hours a day and it will give him a structured environment where he can be busy the entire time! I think he'll thrive in it!

Carter, as I said earlier, is about to finish Kindergarten. He told me the other day, out-of-the-blue, that he wants me to home-school him next year. This surprised me, because, even though I've talked about it with Greg, I never discussed it with Carter. Turns out, he had discussed it with a teenage girl in our youth group, who is homeschooled. :) I asked him why and his answer had something to do with the fact that he could be home and play all day and not go to school. Hmmmm.....I don't think that's what homeschooling is all about! We plan on sending him to public school again next year, but homeschooling is not off the table completely...something I thought I'd NEVER hear myself say!

I guess that's about all I have to say for now. I should be in bed...so I'll head there now. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Jo-Ann said...

Leah -- Thanks for the update on your family -- they're growing so fast!! I don't know if you've seen this website but I think you'll be interested --

http://cfhusband.blogspot.com/

"Who Am I?" Awesome Video

Before playing this video, please scroll down to the bottom of the page and pause or silence my music player. Enjoy! This is awesome!!!

Music


Powered By Blogger